Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Spooky Box Club Haul

I recently made an unboxing video of all the items I bought from Spooky Box Club; a monthly subscription to a box of spooky gothic goodies (they also sell items individually). You can watch the video below, and this blog post will provide close up photos and details on use taste and so on.



Firstly, the items arrive in this adorable black box with lilac bats and stars. I love the fact that the bats are different shapes, and black and purple is my favourite colour combination!



Inside, I was first greeted by a host of purple paper noodles. The items are all neatly arranged inside.




The first thing I found was a cute flyer with their logo on it and a little thank you card, with "enjoy the free gifts" written on the back! I must have made such a large order that the kind lady who makes the boxes decided to give me some freebies. <3























The freebies were two gourmet lolly pops, a beautiful purple compact mirror with a rose print, an "Our Darling" funerary pin, two spooky love stickers, some Halloween themed wasabi tape and a cute little bank valentines card. The two lolly pop flavours were strawberry and champagne and raspberry swirl. They were both very tasty and I now understand how some lollies are gourmet and others are not! My favourite was definitely the strawberry one. The wasabi tape is great for wrapping presents and the compact is the perfect size. The pin is beautifully detailed and I love the story behind it- in the 17th century, people would put such plates on the coffins of departed loved ones, particularly children. They then started taking the plates home with them as mementos, or putting them on flower mounts or tomb stones from the late 18th century.



I got a selection of ghost themed items as ghosts are my favorite horror film creatures. The little sleeping spectre necklace is made from a light plastic and the chain is very long, although you can remove the pendant and place it on another chain if you want to. Below is a photo of the necklace worn so you can get an idea of length and size.




The little ghost bow is adorable! I love that it says "boo" on it and it's the perfect size. It comes on an alligator clip so you can put it in your hair or attach it to a waistcoat, blouse, etc.



This cute little lilac lunch bag has stars, bats and adorable chibi ghosts printed on it. It's made from a pretty durable cotton and it's a decent size. I can fit in a 500ml water bottle, a mini smoothie carton, a small yoghurt pot and spoon, a piece of fruit, my reusable travel mug, tea bags, sweets and a pasta lunch package inside it. I carry it around all day with me and it holds up well. I had it up against a paper Dominoes pizza bag whilst it was raining and some of the blue ink has bled onto the lunch bag. A quick go in the washing machine at 30 degrees C fixed that though.



I adore the print on this "Home Sweet Haunted Home" sign. It's very clear and boldly printed. The material feels like cotton.



The spooky Christmas tree decorations are beautifully designed and come in a variety of colours. The glitter is embedded into the plastic rather than glued on top so it won't shed which is brilliant. They are quite small, so they may get lost among larger ornaments on a large Christmas tree. However, I think they would look super cute and spooky popping out of more traditional baubles.



The bat plushie cushions are so soft and fluffy! I love the shape of them and they're quite small, so they would nestle beautifully in front of, or flanking a larger pillow. Here is a photo of them on my double bed so that you can get an idea of their size.






The memo pegs are tiny, much smaller than I thought they would be. They have cute little black hearts on the top. I was originally going to use them to hang up small items of washing such as tights and socks, but they're not strong enough for that. Never mind! They can still be used for their intended purpose!



The saltwater siren sarong print is stunning. The sarong itself is huge, I can easily wear it as a dress (I'm 5'0" though). The material is very soft too and I'm tempted to wear it as a scarf during Autumn.



I ordered two teas- Witches Brew and Enchanted Berry. The Witches Brew contains sencha, rose buds, cranberries, raspberries and rose petals. This is a light and delicate tea that I like to brew for three minutes. The berries and roses compliment each other very well. The Enchanted Berry contains apple, orange, hibiscus,cornflowers, currants, elderberries and rose-hip. This is very fruity and refreshing, like a non-alcoholic punch. I brew this for 5 minutes for a bold flavour. I adore the tins, the artwork on the lids is so cute! I particularly love the little ghosts hovering over the tea cup on the Enchanted Berry lid <3




These three cobweb doilies are charmingly quaint. The crochet work is fantastic. The central patterns are slightly different, with one being a tighter weave, one looser and one with a star in the centre. They look dainty and delicate, but they are a good thickness. 





This tombstone dry eraser board comes with a pen and a magnetic button on the back so it can be put on the fridge. The "Don't Forget Me!" heading appeals to my dark sense of humour! The pen is topped with an eraser too which is handy.



Aaaaaand that is everything! The next box is Voodoo themed and I have no idea what could be in it! Half the fun of having a subscription is the surprise! Are you a Spooky Box Club subscriber? Do you like the look of any of these items? Check out the Spooky Box Club website if you want to bag yourself some gothy goodies!

2 comments:

  1. ahh wow thats such a good box! the little decorations for the tree are so cute and that sarong is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope we get a summer next year so that I can actually use the sarong haha! I may use it as a scarf in the autumn it's too pretty to lie in a drawer!

      Delete