Sunday, 5 June 2016

Daily Lolita Lifestyle Challenge Week 1

I have been recording my responses to the Daily Lolita Lifestyle Challenge in my diary, so I thought it would be fun to put it on my blog. I hand-write in my diary so it may take a while to type everything up.

Day 1- Set a Goal for your Wardrobe
My goal for the year is to really expand on my Lolita basics- shoes, hosiery, blouses, bags, hair accessories and cardigans/boleros/shawls. I tend to get super excited about dresses and this has led to a real lack of basics in my wardrobe. I’m rather bored of only having three blouses and five head pieces to wear!

A Map of My City (from Google Maps)
Day 2- Look up a List of Museums in your Area

My local comm regularly go to museums as they are free in my city! However there are several that we haven’t yet attended as a comm: House for An Art Lover, The Police Museum, Provard’s Lordship, The Museum of Piping, St Mungo’s Museum of Religious Life and Art, Holmwood House, Clydebank Museum, The National Museum of Rural Life, Low Park’s Museum, Scottish Football Museum, Chatelherault Country Park Estate & The David Livingston Centre (Ok, these are technically outside the city boundaries, but I live outside the city boundaries so I still count them. One day I will get my comm to venture out my way!)
Day 3- Memorize a Friend’s Wishlist
I kind of cheated on this one as my best friend and I have very similar wishlists!

Day 4- Learn a New Easy Hairstyle
I’m not very good at hairstyles; my hair is very fine and uncooperative and I’m self-conscious about having my hair away from my face. However, I’ve always wanted to learn how to do a French braid, so I looked up how to do it. By the end of the day, this was my best result. It’s not great, but it’s a start! I’ll practice some more to get it neater.


Day 5- Discover a New Book to Read
I received The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux as a Christmas gift. It’s a beautiful edition. It is my favourite musical so I’m very excited to read the novel!

Day 6- Change Your Alarm to Something Pleasant
I changed my alarm to an excerpt from Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty. It is a lovely way to wake up in the morning as it is a stunning piece of music.




Day 7- Photograph Little Details from Your Favourite Dress

My favourite dress is Stained Glass JSK by Moi Meme Moitie in Green. The design of the dress itself is simple, but there are so many little details in the print so the simplicity of the rest of the dress makes the print stand out even more.


Small Details in some of the windows. Top Left: The little stars and clouds in the night sky. Top Centre: The little dog in the crowd. Top Right: The detail on the clothing. Bottom Left: The Madonna and Child. I love the deep blue robes and the little dove in the background. Bottom Centre: The angel. Bottom Right: The intricate detail of the top of each window frame.
Top Left: Intricate design above each of the window panes. Top Right: Stitching detail running down the corset lacing. Bottom: The deep green shade at the bottom of the dress with the words "Gothic Lolita" in a beautiful font




No comments:

Post a Comment